Table of Contents
Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is something which I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
My amazing Mum used to make us this delicious pudding when we were children.
Sadly it was the 2nd anniversary of her passing on Monday of this week and I decided to make this in her memory. I did add a few of my own "cheffy" tweaks to the method but, essentially, the ingredients are the same.
My Mum always served us this pudding with plainly boiled Parsnips as these were one of her favourite veggies. It does need a gravy or a sauce, I made an Onion gravy to go with mine.
I'd love to see your photos if you make my Mum's pudding, and let me know what you think…. #budgetbasics
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook:
- 8 oz Self raising flour
- 4 oz suet, either veg or beef
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- half a pack of dry-cure smoked, streaky bacon or any bacon you have handy
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs or Thyme
- 2 small or 1 large onion, finely chopped
- A few fresh Sage leaves or 1/2 tsp dried Sage
- Vegetable oil
- Butter for greasing
- Water for binding
- Salt and Pepper, preferably White Pepper
- Pudding bowl, greaseproof paper, string, steamer
Instructions to make to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook
- Grease your bowl with butter. Set aside
- Dry fry the bacon in a hot frying pan until crisp. Turn to scrip the other side. Drain on kitchen paper and chop into fairly small pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion with the Sage leaves or dried Sage in vegetable oil until translucent and lightly browned. Take off of the heat and remove to a plate to cool.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 tsp salt, baking powder and suet in a bowl.
- Add the onion and Bacon to the flour mixture and stir together.
- Bind the mixture with enough cold water to bring together to form a soft dough. Boil the kettle.
- Place the pudding into the buttered pudding bowl and cover with a large sheet of greaseproof or baking parchment with a pleat in the middle to allow for expansion and tie with string to form a seal around the edge of the bowl. Fold the overhanging paper onto the top of the bowl to keep it out of the way.
- Pour boiling water into the steamer and place pudding bowl in top of the steamer. Steam for 2 hours, regularly checking and topping up with boiling water to avoid the pan boiling dry.
- I served my pudding with an onion gravy made from a sliced onion, sautéed until browned in a gravy made from good old Bisto! (Guilty secret) I also added a medley of green veg, but you can use whatever veg you have handy. Not the best photo, but definitely one of my most favourite dinners from my childhood.
As your experience as well as confidence grows, you will certainly find that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet to your individual tastes in time. Whether you wish to offer a recipe that uses fewer or even more ingredients or is a bit basically zesty, you can make basic modifications to achieve this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes on time. When it comes to fundamental cooking skills for beginners you don’t require to discover them however only if you grasp some straightforward cooking strategies.
This isn’t a full overview to fast as well as easy lunch recipes however its excellent food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly get your creative juices moving so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!