Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie)
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Memories of my childhood were very special,loving parents and two sisters and one brother who were and still are very close….I’m lucky.
Also a huge and influential part of my childhood was a lovely couple and their family who lived next door to ours.
Auntie Win who looked after me while my Mom and Dad was at work,was the one person who was my inspiration for my love for homemade cooking,Proper warm,comforting food that always brought me running into her kitchen from playing outside in the Garden.
Always fish on a Friday,Sausage and Mash maybe on a Wednesday,where I was allowed to help mash the potatoes with the same potato masher I still use to today,it must be over 50 years old now…….
But always my favourite which was usually on Tuesday,was Win’s homemade pie with peas and boiled potatoes,with bisto gravy.A small round plate lay in the middle of the small kitchen table with “ROUNDS OF BREAD AND BUTTER,CUT IN HALF”placed on it and the three of us,Auntie Win,my Uncle Alf and myself would sit down to eat at about midday.
This Pie that I cooked is in memory of “My Auntie Win” and them Tuesday Pie and potato days over 40 years ago.#newcookschallenge
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie):
- 225 g plain flour (for the pastry)
- 100 g cold butter cut into cubes (for the pastry)
- Pinch salt and a couple of tablespoons of water (for the pastry)
- 250 g diced stewing beef
- Handful frozen peas (optional)
- Handful frozen carrots (optional)
- 1 litre stock made up using a stock cube
- 1 egg
Instructions to make to make Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie)
- In a frying pan heat a little oil and seal the beef.In a bowl add your plain flour,salt and cold butter and mix with your fingers until you get the consistency of breadcrumbs.Add the water in gently and mix together until it forms into the shape of a ball.Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed briefly and set to one side.
- Now with the beef that you have sealed,place into your bubbling beef stock and cook gently until the beef is tender.(for this recipe I like to slow cook the beef in the stock until reduced for a few hours) but the choice is yours.If you want to slow cook your beef filling first,make your pastry at a later stage.
- Once the filling has been made and cooling slightly you can start with the pastry.Heat your oven to 180 degrees,Butter your pie tin and roll out half of your pastry.Turn your pastry as your rolling,so it forms a kind of round base for your pie.Fill your tin with the pastry base and push in gently to all the sides.Blind bake in the oven using ceramic beans to protect the base of your pastry for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime roll out your pastry lid in the same manner as your base.Once the base has been blind baked remove your ceramic beans from the pie tin and fill with your beef filling.Place your pastry lid on top,fit and crimp your edges and use an egg wash glaze to brush over your pie.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the Pie is golden. All the best and enjoy 😉
As your experience and confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet to your personal preferences with time. Whether you intend to serve a dish that makes use of fewer or more ingredients or is a little bit essentially zesty, you can make straightforward adjustments to attain this goal. Simply put, begin making your recipes on time. As for fundamental cooking skills for beginners you do not require to learn them but only if you understand some basic food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and also very easy lunch recipes but its great something to chew on. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food Simple Way to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Steak pie with memories (Auntie Wins Pie). Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!