Table of Contents
Simple Way to Make Quick Steak and Stilton Pie
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Steak and Stilton Pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Steak and Stilton Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Steak and Stilton Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Steak and Stilton Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Steak and Stilton Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Steak and Stilton Pie is 8 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Steak and Stilton Pie estimated approx 4hrs 35mins.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Steak and Stilton Pie using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
A minor variation on Jamie Oliver's recipe. See original here:
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Steak and Stilton Pie:
- Pie Filling
- 1.2 kg chuck steak, and/or brisket
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour
- olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 sticks celery
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 400 g potatoes
- 400 ml red wine
- 1.2 litres quality organic beef stock
- 100 g Stilton cheese
- 1 large free-range egg
- 400 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200 g salted butter, (cold)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 (1 bunch) fresh thyme, (15g)
- 1/2 (1 bunch) fresh oregano, (15g)
Instructions to make to make Steak and Stilton Pie
- Slice the beef into 2.5cm chunks, then toss with the flour and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil into a large pan on a medium heat, then brown the beef all over. Remove to a plate, leaving the pan on the heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions, carrots and celery. Add to the pan with the bay leaves and cook for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove to the plate with the meat.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and chop into 1cm cubes. Pour the wine into the empty pan and leave it to reduce by half, then add the meat and softened veg back to the pan, along with the potatoes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender, adding splashes of water to loosen, if needed. Once cooked, season to perfection and leave to cool.
- For the pastry, put the flour and a good pinch of sea salt into a food processor, cube and add the butter, then pulse until just combined. Pick and roughly chop the herb leaves, add to the processor with 100ml of ice-cold water, and pulse again until it forms a rough dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and lightly oil a 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a clean flour-dusted surface to 2mm thick. Loosely roll it around the rolling pin and unroll it over the cake tin, gently easing it into the shape of the tin. Patch up any holes and trim the edges.
- Spoon in two-thirds of the cooled filling (freeze the rest and serve as a stew another day). Crumble over the Stilton and brush the pastry edges with beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry so it’s slightly bigger than the tin and top the pie, crimping the edges to seal. Make a small incision in the centre so steam can escape. Use any spare pastry to decorate the pie, if you like.
- Eggwash the top, then bake at the bottom of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the pastry is golden and the pie is piping hot. Leave to stand for 30 minutes, then serve up. Delicious with creamy mash, extra gravy and steamed seasonal greens.
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will find that you have more all-natural control over your diet plan and also adapt your diet plan to your personal preferences in time. Whether you intend to serve a dish that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little basically zesty, you can make easy changes to attain this objective. Simply put, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. As for basic food preparation skills for newbies you do not require to discover them yet only if you master some straightforward cooking methods.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and easy lunch recipes but its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will obtain your innovative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Recipe of Homemade Steak and Stilton Pie. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!