Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Steak & Ale Pie
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Steak & Ale Pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Steak & Ale Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Steak & Ale Pie is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Steak & Ale Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Steak & Ale Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Steak & Ale Pie is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Steak & Ale Pie estimated approx 1 hour 40 min.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have Steak & Ale Pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
All of my pies have one crucial ingredient… alcohol!
I often like to change the ale I use for my steak and ale pies, however this pie is made using my favourite, Newcastle Brown Ale.
Feel free to use whichever you prefer, and remember the darker the ale, the richer the pie!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Steak & Ale Pie:
- For the pie:
- 1 pint real ale (568 ml)
- 750 g diced beef
- 2 rough chopped onions
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1.5 beef stock cubes
- 150 ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp Worcester sauce
- For the pastry:
- 400 g plain flour
- 200 g diced butter
- Pinch salt
- 5 tbsp water
Instructions to make to make Steak & Ale Pie
- Chop onions roughly, and combine with the beef, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large frying pan. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes followed by a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the water, stock cubes and Worcester sauce and add to the mixture. Now slowly add the full bottle/pint of real ale, pouring evenly around the pan.
- Let the mixture simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes, stirring oocssionally every 10 minutes or so.
- Whilst the beef mixture is simmering, mix the butter, salt and flour together until you make a consistency simmilar to breadcrumbs. Once achieved, combine with the water to make a smooth dough. Take two thirds of the dough, roll out over flour and line your baking dish. Use the remaining dough to make a lid for the pie.
- Once the baking dish is lined with pastry, place in the fridge along with the pie lid and refrigerate until the beef mixture has cooked.
- Now that the beef mixture is cooked, remove the baking dish from the fridge and fill with the mixture. Ensure that only a third of the liquid in the pan is remaining. Add the pastry lid and squeeze together the edges forming a thick crust.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200°c or until the pastry is a nice golden brown colour.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutess. For best results serve with mash potato, seasonal veg and lots of gravy!
As your experience and confidence grows, you will discover that you have much more natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a dish that utilizes fewer or even more ingredients or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make easy changes to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to basic food preparation abilities for newbies you don’t require to learn them yet only if you grasp some straightforward cooking strategies.
This isn’t a total guide to fast and easy lunch recipes but its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will get your innovative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Easiest Way to Prepare Favorite Steak & Ale Pie. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!