Table of Contents
Recipe of Award-winning Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 is 8 persons. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷 using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
🐑🐂🇬🇸 Its NZ food, origin from UK. It's a comfort food for winter & cold seasons, a nutricioud & favourite of my family. The slow cooking beef minced 🍅🥕on top add the mashed potatoes and 🧀grated cheddar cheese. I've done in 2 baking dishes, one is to freeze 😙
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷:
- 1 very large onion chopped very finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbs vegetables Rice Bran Oil
- 2 pounds ground Beef Chuck or mix with minced Lamb
- 3-4 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups can crushed tomatoes (or 1/4 cup italian tomato passata)
- 1 1/4 cups beef stock (3 tbs beef bouillon/stock cubes * Step 2)
- add about 1/2 cup of water to adjust liquid)
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 4 medium carrots peeled chopped small cubed (cooked)
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas (cooked)
- 1 handful fresh Flat Parsley, chopped finely
- 1 small stalk rosemary chopped finely (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose-flour dissolved in 1/4 cup cold vegetables
- To serve with: steam hot rice Jasmine
- or with Roast Pumpkins
- 1 Tomato, sliced,with dressings salt, black pepper & Olive oil
- MASHED POTATOES:
- 4-5 large potatoes (preferable less starch), peeled, sliced
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tbs cream (optional)
- to taste Salt and grinded black pepper
- 1 medium red onions,🌰chopped very finely
- Top of minced beef: 🧀1cup (8 oz) grated Cheddar Cheese
Steps to make to make Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.Heat oil in a large wok (or large frying pan)over medium heat.Add onions & cook until slightly translucent.Add ground meat,cook meat with onions stirring constantly to make sure you're cooking all the meat evenly.Once the meat is all brown&you see it's juices filling the pan then add Worchester sauce,sprinklesasalt on top&with wooden spoon break the lumps, then add red wine,mix &stir for 8', then add bay leaves, rosemary, celery, garlic, black pepper & parsley. Mix all and
- Turn heat down to low to simmer. Add 1/4 cup Italian Tomato Passata (or whole tomato 1can), 1 1/4 cup beef stock, 2 beef stock cubes and add solution of 1 tbs flour for thicken. Combine everything well. Season with salt & pepper. Let simmer for 20' put the lid on, checking and stirring occasionally. *adjust liquid as needed, adding water in small intervals (you don't want this to dry, but you also don't want to make soup). While the meat cooks make the mashed potatoes.
- Wash and peel potatoes. Place potatoes in a double pot pan, below is the pan that has 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat until potatoes are tender about 20'. Drain in colander, put the potatoes to a bowl, add 3 tbs butter to melt, salt n pepper, 1 cup milk & 3 tbs cream (option).Mash until smooth & creamy, 🌰add red onions, salt & pepper, lastly on top add 1cup grated cheese (I'll do that later on). Cover with gladwrap and put to side until ready to use.
- In another saucepan boil the chopped carrots in 1/2cup water & pinch of salt for 5'. Add the frozen peas and cook for further 2'. Turn off. Tipp mixture of carrots & peas into the wok over the minced beef mixture, with the big spoon mix well. Turn off the heat, remove wok from the stove.
- Assembly: Remove the bay leaves&the rosemary stalk from the minced beef mixture.Grease base&sides of a deep rectangular 13inch x 9inch ovenproof baking dish with oil or melted butter.Add the cooked minced beef mixture on the bottom dish,in an even layer.On top I sprinkle 1cup grated cheese.Then on top of cheese I add the mashed potatoes,spread them evenly over the whole dish with a rubber spatula.Cover the whole dish with another 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese and spread them with a rubber spatula.
- Put the baking dish in the oven in the middle rack and let it cook for 15'-20' (or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown).(I don't like it overcook) Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve with a steam of hot rice and roast pumpkins or any veggies that you have in the fridge.👼👪 enjoy.
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have a lot more natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet plan to your individual preferences over time. Whether you intend to offer a dish that uses less or more ingredients or is a bit basically zesty, you can make easy adjustments to attain this objective. In other words, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to standard food preparation abilities for newbies you do not need to discover them yet just if you understand some simple food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a complete overview to quick as well as easy lunch recipes yet its great something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your creative juices moving so you can prepare delicious meals for your family members without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Steps to Prepare Ultimate Shepherd's Pie (Cottage Pie) 😍👨👩👧👧🤗🍝🥗🍾🍷. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!