Table of Contents
How to Make Perfect Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia)
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Another satay recipe. I remember back when I still living in Indonesia, my family like to buy this skewers style satay near the mini market near our home.
Originally from Padang, the same region where rendang came from, this kind of satay is surprisingly not using peanut sauce, like most of Indonesian satay you could find around Indonesian region.
And, since I couldn't find the turmeric leave ( I don't know where to buy it, I tried every Asian stores I know, and none of them have it), I skip this ingredients. At least the taste is no different from the one I tried many years ago.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia):
- 500 gr beef, diced
- 1 pcs lemongrass
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 2 cm galangal
- 4 pcs kaffir lime leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't you can use the bottled one more less around 1 – 2 tbs)
- 5 pcs bay leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't find any, use the dried one also fine)
- 50 gr rice flour
- 500 ml water
- 4 pcs birdeye chillies (less or none if you don't like spicy food)
- 5 pcs shallots
- 5 pcs garlic
- 2 tbs ground corriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 5 cm turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
Steps to make to make Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia)
- Make a puree from shallots, garlic, ground cumin and ground coriander
- Mix the spice puree and the diced beef, marinate for minimum 30 minutes, overnight is better
- In the cooking pan, heat the cooking oil, then add the marinated beef, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, crushed ginger, and crushed galangal
- Add 250 ml water, and let it boil
- Take all the beef, save aside, throw away the leaves, ginger, and galangal
- Mix the rice flour with the other 250ml water, then add to the soup, mix until thick, simmer it with a small fire.
- Put the beef at the skewers, do it with all the beef, then apply the cooking oil (I use vegetable oil) to the beef
- If you use the grill, grilled the beef until become brown. If you use oven, bake it at 150° Celcius for 20 minutes, don't forget to flip the skewers in the middle of baking, to get all brown beef
- Serve it with rice cake, and pour the soup at the top of the skewers
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will locate that you have much more natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet to your individual preferences in time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that uses less or even more components or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make easy modifications to accomplish this objective. In other words, start making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental cooking skills for beginners you don’t require to learn them yet just if you understand some straightforward cooking strategies.
This isn’t a complete guide to quick and also simple lunch recipes but its good something to chew on. Ideally this will obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family members without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia). Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!