How to Prepare Award-winning Red Onion Soup
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Red Onion Soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Red Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Red Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Red Onion Soup, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Red Onion Soup delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Red Onion Soup is 4 portions. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Red Onion Soup estimated approx 1 hour 45 minutes including prep.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Red Onion Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Very similar to French onion soup but with a difference. Normally a winter’s dish but surprisingly refreshing in the summer.
Note that I use toasted bread instead of croutons but either is fine. Gruyère cheese would be more “French” but vintage cheddar is also very good with it. It might seem a lot of onions but they do cook down substantially. Do not be tempted to foreshorten the cooking time: it’s essential for the flavour. #mycookbook
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Red Onion Soup:
- 750 g red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt (sea salt preferred)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1 1/2 litres beef stock (cubes fine)
- 4 slices granary bread
- Strong cheddar cheese, sliced
Steps to make to make Red Onion Soup
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 170C).
- Using an oven-proof sauté pan, melt the butter and oil and remove from heat. Add the onion slices, thyme and oregano and season liberally. Turn the onions over to coat them, cover the pan with foil and place in oven for 45 minutes, stirring gently at the 15 & 30 minutes stages.
- Take the pan briefly out of the oven to uncover, stir and add the sugar, garlic and mustard. Then stir thoroughly but gently and return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Take the pan from the oven to the hob. On a medium but not too low heat, stir in the wine and bring to a bubble. After 4-5 minutes’ bubbling (occasionally stirring), transfer the sauté pan’s contents to a large saucepan or stock pot and stir in the stock. Bring all to the boil and simmer (but not too vigorously) for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and further season only if necessary.
- Meanwhile, put the slices of strong cheddar onto the granary bread and toast under a grill. I allow one thickish slice per serving but that’s obviously a matter of choice.
- Remove the soup from the heat and serve onto warmed soup bowls with the bread on side plates. Enjoy – dunking permitted!
As your experience and also confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have a lot more natural control over your diet and adjust your diet regimen to your personal tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that makes use of fewer or even more ingredients or is a little more or less hot, you can make straightforward changes to attain this objective. Simply put, begin making your dishes promptly. When it comes to standard cooking abilities for newbies you do not need to discover them however only if you understand some easy food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full overview to fast and simple lunch dishes but its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will get your creative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Award-winning Red Onion Soup. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!