Table of Contents
Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef is 12 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef estimated approx 35 minutes.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef:
- 1 LB Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Ground Beef
- 2 TBSP Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Small Sweet Onion (small diced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 CUP Beef Stock
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1/2 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 6 OZ Grated Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- Blitz Puff Pastry
- 2 CUP All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 TBSP Kosher Salt
- 2 CUP Butter (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 CUP Cold Water
- Egg Wash
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Water
Instructions to make to make New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef
- PREPARING THE WAGYU GROUND BEEF FILLING
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add in grapeseed oil.Once the oil is hot, add in the Fullblood Wagyu ground beef in small pieces. Use a wooden spoon to break up the pieces of ground beef. Once the ground beef is no longer pink, add in the diced onion. Saute until translucent. Once the onion is translucent, fold in the minced garlic. In a small bowl, mix together the beef stock and corn starch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add the corn starch and beef stock mixture (slurry) to the pan with the ground beef. Stir until thickened. Fold in the paprika and kosher salt. Transfer the contents of the pan to a medium size bowl, and refrigerate. NOTE: The Wagyu beef filling can be made up to a day in advance. While the beef filling is chilling, prepare the dough.
- PREPARING THE DOUGH
Mix the flour and kosher salt in a large bowl. Add in the butter chunks (1 inch cubes), and coat them in the flour. Add in the cold water, and mix gently. NOTE: The mixture may need to be pressed together to form a dough, but do not overwork or knead. Cover the bowl with plastic, and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- PREPARING THE MEAT PIES
Pull the dough from the refrigerator, and place it on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough until it is a 1/4 inch thick. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut the dough into as many rounds as you can get out of the dough sheet. Re-roll the remaining dough until it is a 1/4 inch thick sheet, and cut out more rounds. Repeat this process until all of the dough is cut into rounds.Make an egg wash by whisking together one egg and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl.
- Pull the bowl with the Wagyu beef filling from the refrigerator, and fold in the grated sharp white cheddar cheese. Place 2 tablespoon of the Wagyu beef filling in the center of a round piece of dough. Grab another dough round, and stretch it carefully (so it will fit over the top of the filling).
- Brush the stretched dough round with egg wash, and place it on top of the filling (so you’ll have a dough round on the bottom, Wagyu beef filling in the middle, and another stretched dough round on the top). Use your fingers to press down along the perimeter of the dough, going around the filling in the center. Then, use the tines of a fork to seal the two pieces of dough together.
- Place the meat pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and repeat the process until all of the meat pies are made and on the baking sheet
- FINAL STEPS
Brush each meat pie with egg wash, and make 2-3 small slits in the top of each pie. Place the baking sheet in the freezer, and freeze the meat pies for 20 minutes.Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pull the meat pies from the freezer, and place them in the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pie tops are a medium golden brown. Let the Wagyu beef meat pies cool for 10-20 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
As your experience and confidence expands, you will locate that you have a lot more natural control over your diet regimen as well as adapt your diet to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you want to offer a dish that uses less or even more components or is a bit basically spicy, you can make basic changes to achieve this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes on time. When it comes to standard food preparation abilities for newbies you don’t require to learn them however only if you understand some easy food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and easy lunch dishes however its good food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your creative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Award-winning New Zealand Meat Pies with Wagyu Beef. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!