How to Make Ultimate Meat & Potato Pie
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Meat & Potato Pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Meat & Potato Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Meat & Potato Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Meat & Potato Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Meat & Potato Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Meat & Potato Pie is 2-3 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Meat & Potato Pie estimated approx 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have Meat & Potato Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Just fancied a change from meat and onion pie.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Meat & Potato Pie:
- Meat Filling
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 med onion
- 350 gms cubed beef
- 1 dsp plain flour
- 1 sprinkle salt, black pepper & steak spice
- 1/2 pint beef stock
- 4 med potatoes (Whites)
- Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Red current jelly
- 4 oz plain flour
- 2 oz soft margarine or butter
- 1 large egg
Instructions to make to make Meat & Potato Pie
- Gently fry chopped onion in oil.
- Put cubed beef in small plastic bag. Add flour, steak spice, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake, to cover all meat in flour mix.
- Add meat to pan with onion. Gently cook on medium heat until all sides of meat browned.
- Add the stock. Bring to boil, cover and turn heat down to a simmer. Stir every 15-30 mins to ensure meat doesn't stick. Cook for about an hour and a quarter.
- Peal and cube potatoes. Place in cold water, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10mins. Drain and set aside til needed.
- Add potatoes to meat after the 1 1/4hrs. Add redcurrent jelly. Stir over medium heat til jelly is desolved. Cover and cook for a further 20mins on low heat. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Prepare pastry while meat cooking. Weigh out flour ingredients. Rub marg/butter into flour to form fine breadcrumbs. Can be down in food processor but don't over mix. Add egg and mix together to form the pastry.
- Try not to over handle. Cover and leave to rest on the fridge.
- Heat oven, fan 180°. Put meat mixture in pie dish. I like to use a pie funnel to hold the middle of pastry up. Roll out pastry to fit over meat.
- Place in oven for about 30mins.
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will find that you have extra all-natural control over your diet plan and also adapt your diet plan to your individual tastes over time. Whether you wish to serve a dish that uses less or even more ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make easy modifications to attain this objective. In other words, start making your recipes on time. As for basic cooking abilities for beginners you do not need to discover them however only if you grasp some easy cooking techniques.
This isn’t a total overview to quick and also very easy lunch dishes however its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will certainly obtain your creative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious meals for your household without doing a lot of heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Meat & Potato Pie. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!