Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Caribbean patties for wimps
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Caribbean patties for wimps. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Caribbean patties for wimps is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Caribbean patties for wimps is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Caribbean patties for wimps, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Caribbean patties for wimps delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have Caribbean patties for wimps using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Being a complete wimp for chillies I didn’t make these nearly as spicy as they traditionally are! If you’re wanting something hotter feel free to add actual chillies to the recipe! Otherwise get some hot sauce 😂 if you would like to see the property spiced recipe head to African Bites dot com
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Caribbean patties for wimps:
- 500 g plain flour
- 140 g butter, cold
- 140 g shortening/suet
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- For the filling
- 400 g chicken/beef/turkey mince
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic purée (or a crushed clove)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp allspice/mixed spice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or a scotch bonnet)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
Instructions to make to make Caribbean patties for wimps
- Make the crust first. Mix the flour, turmeric, sugar and salt then cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour mix with your fingertips until it makes a breadcrumb like texture.
- Add in the shortening and vinegar and give a quick mix. Get about 250ml cold water and add a little bit at a time, mixing with your hands until you make a dough. You may not need all the water or you might need more
- Roll out the dough to about a £1 coin thickness then leave in the fridge for about 30 mins while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, fry the onion and garlic in some oil. Add all the spices and fry for about 5 mins till the onion is soft.
- Add in the mince and cook for about 10 mins or until the mince has browned.
- Add the parsley, scotch bonnet if using and a couple of tbsps water and cook for a further 5 mins. Turn off the head and leave to cool.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge then use a large glass to cut out as many circles as you can. Pop the circles back into the fridge until the mince has cooled
- When you are ready, preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Take a tablespoon of the filling and place it in the middle of the pastry circle. Fold it over to make a half moon shape then press down the sides first with your fingers then with a fork. Keep going until you either run out of pastry or filling (or both!)
- Place as many as can fit on your baking sheet with a couple of cm apart and then bake in the oven for 30mins. You may need to do this in batches.
- Once cooked they should dry on the outside and if you tap the bottom they’ll be hollow sounding.
- Transfer them to a cooling rack. They can be eaten hot or cold. I like them cold but sometimes you can’t resist fresh out of the oven
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have a lot more natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet to your personal tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit essentially zesty, you can make straightforward modifications to accomplish this objective. To put it simply, start making your recipes promptly. When it comes to standard cooking abilities for newbies you do not require to learn them but only if you understand some easy cooking techniques.
This isn’t a total guide to fast and very easy lunch recipes yet its great something to chew on. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Caribbean patties for wimps. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!