Steps to Make Quick Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Hearty Beef & Barley Soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Hearty Beef & Barley Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Hearty Beef & Barley Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Hearty Beef & Barley Soup, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Hearty Beef & Barley Soup delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Hearty Beef & Barley Soup is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have Hearty Beef & Barley Soup using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Lately I have been trying to lose a bit of weight. Part of this has been to change what we eat for dinner. I have taken to making hearty soups instead of a rice or pasta based foods. This heart beef and barley soup is one that I have been working on for a while and I think it’s rather nice. Its very satisfying and delicious but not so many calories.
I like mine with lots of Barley. If you like it with less feel free to reduce the amount of barley. It goes a long way so be careful to measure it out.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Hearty Beef & Barley Soup:
- 300 g Lean steak mince
- half a leek
- 1 stick celery
- 1 good size carrot
- 2 smallish potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 stock cube
- 2 dessert spoons of grave granules
- 30-70 g Barley, depending on how much you like
Instructions to make to make Hearty Beef & Barley Soup
- There are just the 2 of us so we buy mince from the butcher and I get him to pack it into half pound bags. That’s about 300g I freeze them and defrost them for each meal.
- Brown the meat. Make sure you get it nice and brown. This really enriches the flavour so get it nice and brown but be careful not to burn it. My mince is really lean as there is no fat but if you have a fatty mince you might want to drain the fat off at this point.
- While the mince is browning chop the onion, leek, carrot and celery. I chop the celery really finely but everything else is in nice big chunks. The celery is there as a flavour enhancer. You don’t get a celery taste you just get a beefier beef and a sweeter carrot.
- When the mince is brown add around 600ml of water, leeks, onion, carrot, celery and your stock cube. Season with a bit of salt & pepper, bring to the boil and simmer on a very low heat for about an hour. Long slow cooking brings out the flavour in the beef and the veg infuses into the liquid. Make sure it’s a really low heat though.
- This is the tricky bit to judge. The barley REALLY swells up. In my recipe there is only 70g of barley. My wife thought that this was a bit too much so next time I cook it I will probably put just 40g in. Add your pearl barley and bring to the boil again.
- The barley cooks in around 40 to 50 minutes start checking after about 40 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the meal is ready to be served cut the potato into 10-15mm cubes and cook separately. If you cook the potatoes separately you can stop cooking when they are just right. If you cook them in the soup they might just end up as a potato mush in the bottom of the bowl.
- Just before serving sprinkle in a couple of dessert spoons full of gravy granules. This gives a lovely rich texture and helps with the beefy flavour.
- Serve pour into bowls and add as much or as little of the potato as you want. For a touch of luxury ad a knob of butter on top of the potato
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have more natural control over your diet as well as adapt your diet regimen to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that uses fewer or more ingredients or is a bit basically spicy, you can make easy changes to achieve this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes promptly. When it comes to basic cooking skills for beginners you do not need to discover them yet just if you understand some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full overview to fast as well as easy lunch recipes but its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will get your creative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family members without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Make Award-winning Hearty Beef & Barley Soup. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!